Mac people vs PC people

Debate

There is little doubt that the self-perception of “Mac people” and “PC people” are often completely different, just as the way they look at their counterparts differ. Still, it’s surprising to see just how much difference there is in these perceptions.

This graphic by our friends at Hunch breaks down the debate that has been raging for over a decade. Are you a Mac or a PC? Or neither? The debate will go on as long as both computer types dominate the marketplace.

Click to enlarge.

Written by Rocco Penn

A tech blogger, social media analyst, and general promoter of all things positive in the world. "Bring it. I'm ready." Find me on Media Caffeine, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
SEE MORE ARTICLES BY "Rocco Penn"

Comments

Sash
April 23rd, 2011 at 10:34 am

I use mac at home and windows 7 at work. I like both of them equally. i never understood what all this war between mac people vs pc people is all about..! :(

Kim
April 23rd, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Agreed. I have a Windows 7 desktop and a Macbook Pro and use both. The Macbook might get a little more use simply by virtue of its portability. I’ve had iMacs, Mac Pros, and PCs provided for my use at workplaces and can use all of them with equal ease and enjoyment. Once in a while one OS is better for a particular task than another, but overall I have no exclusive brand loyalty whatsoever. Both OSes are good for certain things and less good for other things. The brand-myopic hullaballoo baffles me, honestly.

Andrej
April 23rd, 2011 at 11:11 pm

PC != Windows

I’d recommend the term “WC” for PCs running Windows.

aditia
April 24th, 2011 at 11:19 am

I Love windows getting my job done easily, by If I have mac I’ll love mac too, and try to get familiar with it

Arturo Ryes
April 24th, 2011 at 11:32 am

I totally agree

Anonymous
April 24th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Mac Folks are jsut cool like that.

New Evolution
April 24th, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Didn’t Microsoft have to rebrand windows numerous times due to the fact that it’s so horrible? Remember: XP, Vista, Mojave, Windows, and now PC

Joshua Harding
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:54 am

Yeah, just like MacOSX. Remember:Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar,Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion.

Also, Windows ads are referring to themselves as PC’s, but that was started with the whole “Hi, I’m a Mac. And I’m a PC” ads.

Chris Overholt
May 23rd, 2011 at 4:28 am

¬†There was no “Mojave”, you fool!… And “PC”? What?

Also, ALL of those (except Mojave and PC, of course) are still known as “Windows”; it was never “re-branded”

This is why the chart showed that Apple users think they’re gearheads; they’re so ignorant and full of themselves that they don’t even bother to know what they’re talking about.

Anonymous
April 25th, 2011 at 1:34 am

1. Apple is the most Creative tech corporations in recent tech history, which gives Mac a lot of edge.
2. What if we have an easy way to do OS switch from time to time so that we could at least try to cross the ‘culture’ line…

Yves
April 25th, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Translation: Mac people are hipsters

Joshua Harding
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:58 am

Hipsters who drink what they’re told to drink by movies, read what they’re told to read in high school, and buy what they’re told to buy from the “unique” and “differently thinking” Apple Computers.

ewan lauder
May 3rd, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Maybe, but 80% more likely vegetarian sticks out – that isn’t media influence or peer pressure or education. That’s standing back, taking stock and making a choice. Or rebellion. IMO. Still, other 20% might be sheep ;)

Holdthis
May 4th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

As opposed to the Windows users who buy what they’re told to buy based on “industry standards”, so they can conform to the same things that all the other non-creatives are using?

MesioticRambles
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:50 am

I’m a PC (read: Windows and Linux) person. This seems about right, although while I know it’s the point, but most of this is pretty subjective (referring to the sections where people see themselves as blah), I’m interested to know the proportion of Mac/PC people are the way they think they are. Also, yeah, Mac people are unique and different, just like they’re brand whiose products all look exactly the same and have not changed in a decade. Also, of course you’ll think your a gearhead when you run on a system designed to be simple and not show you how far the rabbit hole goes.

SiteGeeks
June 14th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Macs are great (although i don’t own one). Mac fans (at least my friends) are really fanatic and sometimes i feel like they are trying really hard to make me join the cult! :)

Memmox12
September 13th, 2011 at 6:57 pm

small tag line.
mac. it doesnt even run the games like a pc can.

NeoDra
October 25th, 2011 at 6:52 am

i am just a windows users….