Sony’s PSN service is slowly coming back to life, much to the enjoyment of those who have been without online access from those with PS3s for several weeks. It will take some time for everything to be back to normal, but until then, Sony is giving away a slew of free PSN items and two free games to PSP and PS3 users to make up for their disaster.
Those in North America will have access to the following games PS3 games as part of their “Customer Appreciation Program“:
- Wipeout HD + Fury
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
North American PSP owners will also have access to two PSP titles from the following list:
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
If you’re in the European Union, you’ll have access to all of the above with the exception of Super Stardust HD, which is replaced by Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty.
In addition to all of the above, several other perks will be offered from PSN:
- 30 days free of PlayStation Plus for non members
- 60 days free of PlayStation Plus for existing members
- 100 free items for PlayStation Home, with more coming soon
- A selection of free movie rentals over a single weekend (specific titles will be announced later)
- Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscribers will receive an additional 30 days of service
- 30 days free and time lost for existing Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscriptions
What do you think? Willing to forgive Sony now?