It was again the Mobile World Congress in 2012 which witnessed the latest releases of tablets and smartphones from different brands. The world gathered at MWC when Sony came up with its latest product in the smartphone series, the Sony Xperia P. With a slick and slim design, the smartphone runs on the Android OS and very similar to the Xperia S.
Along with some of decent features and specifications, it has an 8 MP cameras, 4 inch display, and Gingerbread.
Processor and memory
When we talk about the power input to Sony Xperia P, there is a brilliant 1 GHz dual core processor to bring it into operation. The high speed processor will certainly power the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
The latest report also suggests that this Smartphone may be upgraded to run on the advanced Android Ice Cream 4.0 version sometime in the 2nd quarter this year. Xperia P also contains 1 GB of RAM and inbuilt storage capacity of 16 GB. Users may expand this memory up to 32 GB with the help of SD card
Camera and display
With many features like autofocus, LED flash and resolution of 3264 into 2448 pixels, the primary camera of Xperia P is 8 MP. Some other interesting features include image stabilization, smile and face detection, geo-tagging, touch focus and 3D sweep panorama. A secondary VGA camera of 1.3 MP is also available for video calling and chatting.
There is a Mobile BRAVIA Engine which will support 4-inch touch screen display. The TFT screen will possess screen resolution of 960into 540 pixels with 16777216 colors.
- Weighing around 120 grams, its dimension is 122 into 59.5 into10.5 millimeters.
- The smartphone will come packed with 1305 mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Talking about the connectivity modules, Xperia P boasts of offering you excellent choices of Wi-Fi hotspot, microUSB v2.0 & EDR, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, 3G HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, NFC, DLNA connectivity, EDGE (up to 296 kbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPRS (up to 100 kbps).
- Its price may go up to 450 pounds.
- The browser will have support from Adobe Flash and HTML 5.
- Xperia P will have many sensors that include gyro, accelerometer, compass and proximity.
- It boasts of providing you 80 hours of music play battery backup.
In this way, we see that Sony has presented us with a high-end latest and mid-priced Smartphone. It has a lot of advanced features to serve your purpose.
Summary: – Sony Xperia P is really a good stuff that is more budget minded but still wants some advanced features in a Smartphone. Packed with dual core processor and Android Gingerbread OS, it has plenty of latest features.