Few public companies have experienced the type of roller coaster ride that Groupon has been on in such a short time. From darling to dud to darling and back to dud, the social buying site has been on the top of daily deals for a while but has been embroiled in controversy after controversy continuously. Their latest challenge: the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Whenever the SEC gets involved, prospects for the future are often dim. In this graphic, we explore the sources and current status of the SEC probes.
- Groupon’s SEC troubles, visualized (thenextweb.com)
- SEC Probes Groupon (allthingsd.com)
- Groupon’s Troubles (stateofsearch.com)
- Groupon: Ernst & Young’s Accounting Challenged Client (forbes.com)
- SEC Hit Groupon (247wallst.com)
- Groupon, so who exactly profits here? (coverboom.com)
- UH-OH: The SEC Is Looking Closely At Groupon, Says Report (GRPN) (businessinsider.com)
- Hangin’ Tough: Groupon’s Stock Closes in Single Digits for First Time (allthingsd.com)