With any payment plan, you will likely pay more than you would if you bought the product up front. That’s the case with the latest offer from Xbox, but don’t expect people to shy away from the deal that includes a $99 Xbox 360 bundle with Kinect.
To get the deal, one will need to sign a 2-year agreement for Xbox Live at $14.99 a month. This makes the total package come to $459 spread out over 3 years. By contrast, if someone paid $299 for the standalone Xbox 360 + Kinect and prepaid for 2 years of Xbox live for $120, they would spend $419. There are bargains available on both the bundle (we found one for $259) and Xbox Live (there are prepaid cards as low as $40) making it possible to get the whole package for $339.
Still, there’s something about payment plans that Americans love, so expect the $99 bundles to fly off the shelves. $99 now and $15 a month is an easier pill to swallow than $339 now.
- Microsoft confirms $99 Xbox 360 + Kinect subscription deal (venturebeat.com)
- You Can Now Buy An Xbox 360 For $99 (If You Can Find A Microsoft Store) [Microsoft] (kotaku.com)
- $99 Xbox Coming Soon (inquisitr.com)
- $99 Xbox 360 with two-year contract official (slashgear.com)
- Report – Microsoft to release $99 Xbox 360 Kinect bundle next week with two-year gold sub (vg247.com)
- $99 XBOX 360 Coming Soon from Microsoft (blippitt.com)
- Microsoft Might Launch A Subsidized $99 Xbox 360 + Kinect + LIVE Gold Bundle (techie-buzz.com)
- $99 subscription-based Xbox 360 bundle planned, says report (digitalspy.co.uk)
- With $99 XBOX Subscription Bundle, Microsoft REALLY Enters the Smartphone Gaming Era! (geardiary.com)
- Microsoft to offer $99 Xbox 360 with $15 subscription (geek.com)
- Rumor: Microsoft To Release Subsidized $99 Xbox 360 (ohgizmo.com)
- Report: Microsoft to Sell Xbox 360 For $99 With Two-Year Contract (wired.com)