Yet another Samsung factory worker dies on the job

A worker died at a Samsung factory in Seoul after carbon dioxide was mistakenly released, according to Korean news agency Yonhap News. The factory’s fire extinguishing system accidentally released carbon dioxide after it malfunctioned when it detected a fire, killing the 52-year-old worker. As Engadget notes, this is not the first factory accident has had: In the past couple years, Samsung has suffered from a series of factory incidents.

Korean news agency Yonhap News is reporting that a gas leak at a Samsung plant in southern Seoul has left one worker dead. A malfunction in the factory’s fire extinguishing system released carbon dioxide after it mistakenly detected fire, asphyxiating a 52-year-old man working in the area. It’s the latest in a string of accidents at Samsung facilities over the past 18 months, raising questions over the safety of Samsung’s operations in South Korea. In January 2013, a major hydrofluoric acid leak at the company’s main chip factory in the city of Hwaseong killed one worker and hospitalized four others, while three more were injured in asimilar incident four months later.

Read full article

Comments