Manufacturers are hiring by the thousands to prepare for the iPhone 6

Apple’s manufacturing partners are gearing up for the launch of new iOS devices later this year, with primary partner Foxconn bringing on 100,000 new workers to help assemble the iPhone 6, reports Taiwan’s Economic Daily News. Hon Hai Precision Industry will recruit over 100,000 people in mainland China to produce the newest iPhone from Apple Inc, Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said, in what the report called the firm’s largest single hiring spree in China. Pegatron is reportedly also involved in iPhone 6 production, with early reports on Pegatron’s production share ranging from 15% to 50%, but today’s report and other recent ones have put Pegatron’s share at closer to 30%.

Hon Hai Precision Industry will recruit over 100,000 people in mainland China to produce the newest iPhone from Apple Inc, Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said, in what the report called the firm’s largest single hiring spree in China. Fellow Taiwanese contract manufacturer Pegatron Corp will expand its workforce in one mainland factory by 30 percent, also in response to expected high demand for the new iPhone, Economic Daily News said on Monday. Hon Hai, the world’s largest contract manufacturer of electronic goods, will produce 70 percent of the phones, largely anticipated for release this autumn, with Pegatron set to produce the remaining 30 percent, according to the report. Hon Hai had no comment on the report. Representatives for Pegatron could not immediately be reached for comment.

Read full article

Comments

Comments »

No comments yet.

Name (required)

E-mail (required - never shown publicly)

Web-site

Your Comment