There’s certain things we all know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 without having to watch a video or read an article:
- It will be an enhancement on previous games rather than anything that moves beyond the series (if it ain’t broke…)
- Many people will love it before they ever play it
- Many people will hate it before they ever play it
- Millions will buy it and play it
- It will generate over a billion dollars in revenue – the only question is how quickly
The only departure so far from previous releases is the timing surrounding the reveal trailers. They just released the multiplayer reveal that gives about as much teasing goodness as in the past. They’re just doing it a month earlier than normal.
Last year’s Modern Warfare III multiplayer reveal was released on September 2, just in time to spark interest before the holiday season began. This year’s early August release tells us that they are pushing hard for pre-orders of the game. There’s no need to read into this further other than that it’s a slight change in marketing strategy.
If they didn’t market the game at all it would still print money. Tell us what you think of the trailer in the comments.