Follow

Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

By pressing the Subscribe button, you confirm that you have read and are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
Account
Techi.com Techi.com

Over 75% of the 129,338 apps on the Windows Store are free

The funny thing about app stores is that despite them sharing most of the major apps, they tend to behave differently. In the case of Windows Phone, it seems that a good majority of the apps offered in the Windows Store are free, and that a good many of their games apps are of the puzzle variety, suggesting that perhaps Windows Phone users do enjoy puzzle games, otherwise there wouldn’t be supply without demand, right? This is according to recent data from AppFeds who revealed that in the US, the Windows Store plays home to 129,338 apps. Out of those many apps, 78.3% are free, while the remainder of 21.7% are paid. 

Every Sunday, we bring you the last app count for the Windows Store. This week, we saw 162,840 total apps in the Windows Store, worldwide. According to data from our friends at AppFeds, the Windows Store has some interesting stats for the US market. In the United States, the Windows Store has 129,338 apps and 1,103,650 reviews as of May 26th. The data also reveals that 78.3 percent of apps available in the Windows Store are free, while 21.7 percent of apps are paid. There are also a bunch of other tidbits in AppFeds’ data. Did you know that 55.2 percent of app developers have only published one app in the Windows Store? 29.9 percent of developers have published more than one app (two to five to be exact). 0.5 percent of developers have published over 100 apps. Games, Entertainment, and Education are the three most popular categories of apps in the Windows Store, with Security, Government, and Finance being the least three popular categories. There are 26,069 games in the Windows Store (United States), with 8,625 of these apps being Puzzle games. 4,629 of these apps are Arcade style games.

Add a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

By pressing the Subscribe button, you confirm that you have read and are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use