There was a time when an unhappy customer was an unhappy customer. Best practices said to deal with their concerns, empathize, try to fix it, and if you couldn’t move on. Today, the last step has changed thanks to social media. Customers are empowered to be able to voice their concerns to a much wider audience than ever before.
The old saying was that an unhappy customer will tell 10 people. Today, they can tell 10 thousand with the click of a few buttons. At the very least, they can tell their friends, family, and co-workers by simply posting their disgust on Facebook. The game has changed.
This infographic by AMEX comes to us from New Orleans Chevrolet and shows some interesting statistics about how people are using social media to voice their concerns. You can download a PDF of the graphic here.
- Some Wins, Some Losses in My Feb 2011 Social Media Predictions (soshable.com)
- The State of Social Media [Infographic] (bhlaab.com)
- Are You Really Listening? Why Social Media Monitoring Is Vital To Your Business Brand (bizsociable.com)
- Social Media Participation is the New Standard for Firms (socialbarrel.com)
- The Immeasurable ROI of Social Media Marketing (pronetadvertising.com)