HP has not had much luck in their early attempts at penetrating the tablet market after launching and subsequently canning their WebOS TouchPad in less than 2 months. They’re hoping that luck will change and they are officially making Windows 8 their operating system of choice after rumors surrounding the partnership were leaked last month.
It will be comparable to the iPad but with minor improvements such as a thinner body and longer battery life to try to succeed where Android tablets have failed: cracking the full-size tablet market that Apple completely dominates. Rumors of a smaller iPad are circulating, making it possible that the domination will spread.
Expect Windows 8 driven tablets, including the HP Slate 8, to be hitting the market before the holidays.
- HP re-entering the Tablet market …. With Windows 8 (applescoop.com)
- HP to Reenter Tablet Market with Windows 8 (macrumors.com)
- HP officially getting back into tablets, this time with Windows 8 (venturebeat.com)
- HP confirms plans to launch Windows 8 tablets (liliputing.com)
- Report: This Could Be HP’s First Windows 8 Tablet [Rumors] (gizmodo.com)