New Nintendo console in June? It's about time

Kotaku is reporting that Nintendo might be dialing up the awesome (finally) in preparation to debut a new console this year at E3 – a console that will apparently leapfrog both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in performance. And that wouldn’t be half bad – while the Wii was a smash hit upon its debut, who cares about motion controlled gaming now? You? If it’s you, I’m sorry.

The Wii is sadly on its last legs; third party development is weak, motion control is dead(ish)… hell, the Wii doesn’t even have a hard drive or HD Out. These things do not a viable console make, and if the rumours are true, Nintendo’s about to get serious. If they can revolutionize gaming as they’ve done so many times before (Gamecube notwithstanding), it should be a very exciting June.

Written by Ty Dunitz

Ty is an illustrator who stays up too late, and has to wear glasses. You can follow him on Twitter if you want to (@glitchritual), but he's just gonna throw your stupid PR crap in the garbage, so don't email him.
SEE MORE ARTICLES BY "Ty Dunitz"

Comments

Zippy Cart
April 18th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I think we would have accepted “It’s about Tiime.” <- see what I did there? Also, the Gamecube was definitely an under-appreciated system. It's good to see Nintendo moving away from the current Wii model. It's served them "well-ish" for the new demographic that they're roped in, but they're neglecting their core and maybe a new system will reinvigorate that relationship.

Yves
April 19th, 2011 at 12:03 am

The Wii was cute but it’s about time Nintendo got serious. I can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeve

Anonymous
April 21st, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Oooooooooooo I’m looking forward to seeing this :-)

Dontbenosey
April 26th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I traded my wii in for an xbox 360 but we miss Mario games. Looks like I’ll be trading the xbox back for this new console!

Anonymous
July 4th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

The next generation upcoming Nintendo WII is more powerful than current PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware and graphics. I like the Nintendo price point policy. They offer the best gaming console in affordable price so they are able to sell more than 72 million console worldwide.

xbox kinetic
July 5th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

The next
generation Nintendo will possibly take the trend to the marketing world and to
the gamers taste as well, every time I check the internet there is always a latest
design game box and games for the gamers. It’s really essential to have a new software
and hardware for every gaming device.